Elder scrolls call to arms quickie

Dragon Rampant Osprey games Project Battlelore Rampant



#DragonRampant #Ospreygames #Battlelore

Hello there trying to brush up my word blog to keep it inline with my youtube channel
my most recent game and project had me dust off my photoshop skills, not sure what you call this independent war gaming, not affiliated with any brand or world or lore.. well maybe osprey brand?

I played Dragon Rampant an independent rule set  for miniatures or toys!just using minimum simple rules and bunch of  D6 12 each would be enough

I've many miniatures, i could be buried in plastic! but as one system waxes another one wanyes some models get lost and forgotten,

This rule set might have you bring them out again and that my plan here today! below is a picture of my Daqan  Force the human side the board game Battlelore from 2013! they game didnt take off as much as we would have liked, it only has 3 factions we the players all wished it got a 4th elf army! alas

My 1st outing with Dragon Rampant was just this week a demo with my friend used another set of minis D&D Adventure system games minis! to make a Drow force from games like Wrath of Ashardalon

after the game I though of other minis I had and Battlelore sprang to mind





The game system work on a simple strength point mechanic, a unit is either 12 or 6 strength and you you choose how to represent this on the board!

Examples

The Footmen could be light foot .. if you have 12 model you can just remove 1 for every hit! simple
if you need to be more conservative with you models.. make a smaller unit of 6 and  and every 2 hits removes a model.. however to you will need a token to record the stray 1 hits. lucky battle lore comes with hit point  tokens or just use a dice..

A more elite unit like the Golem or Knights each model might represent  4 hit points or 3 hits.. any thing works dividable by 12 is easier 

and the strongest hero or monster might just be 1 model in Battlelore case the Roc warrior! and track the strength points with tokens or dice

the Book has the stat blocks for each generic entry 
Elite , Heavy,  Light  Foot/Missile
with a few other entries for Scouts and War beasts
breaking them down into points from 3 to 10 and some units have upgrade options for missles or extra powers 
and then there are some fantasy abilities like Wizard, flying, poison etc..

so lets get to it.. below are the 1st few thoughts about how to stat these units for Battlelore and a little Photoshop trickery



now in the Facebook group for dragon rampant there is a files sections for Xenos rampant a sci-fi equivalent and they have a power to shoot with out line of sight .. might have to try and incorporate that here for battle-lore magic arrow fluff




Pursue and flank has no equivalent power I can see..  i'm think after then enemy flees make a move check to move 1/2 way ? 

the Battlelore minis are meant to be 28mm i'm not quite sure... again a fellow on the facebook help me and said 1/75 scale and gave this image below with said scale and some Battlelore skeletons

Image from Pascal Reber 


So that's my current ruminations  thoughts and project progress

see the 1st game demo on my youtube channel 


Updated added Demon Tribe barbarians
I feel they need more variety...